Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Welcome to the Fuzzy Logic Escape Room FAQ! Click one of the buttons below to jump to the section, or scroll down to review all our frequently asked questions!
Can’t find your question? Feel free to email us at FuzzyLogicEscapeRoom@gmail.com!
We are thrilled to announce that with Illinois’ progression to phase 4, Fuzzy Logic is re-opening for in-person experiences!
Fuzzy Logic Escape Room takes the safety and wellness of our customers and staff very seriously. We want everyone to be able to enjoy their escape room adventure without the added stressors of the outside world. As we re-open to the public, we want you to know the steps we’re taking to promote a clean and sanitary environment:
- Increased Cleaning & Sanitizing – doorknobs, locks and props are are sprayed or wiped with disinfectant between each group. Our lobby, back area, and bathrooms will also be cleaned between games.
- Face Masks Required – both staff and customers will be required to wear face masks prior to entering our store. There will be no exceptions. Disposable masks can be purchased if you do not have one.
- Hand Sanitizer Available – sanitizer dispensers will be available in our lobby and in each escape room. Players are encouraged to thoroughly wash their hands with soap and warm water according to CDC guidelines before and after their game.
- Private Games – all reservations are private bookings, meaning you will only play with people that are part of your group – you will never be paired with strangers.
- Reservations Only – all games must be reserved in advance, so that we have ample time to perform any sanitation procedures for your experience prior to your arrival. Our book a room page updates as games become unavailable due to conflicts with other customer games.
- Adjusted Game Schedule – We have spaced out our games’ start times not only to allow for more cleaning time but also so that only one group will ever be in our lobby at a time. Groups will only be allowed to enter after everyone has arrived and alerted us.
- Online Contactless Waivers – Though we have allowed online waiver signature for a while now, it’s even more important now to complete these from the comfort and safety of your own devices. QR codes and URLs will be available in our windows for signing in prior to entry.
- One-Way Entrance/Exit – We will welcome in guests in our front entrance, and after their game will exit through the back entrance nearby where our bathrooms are to prevent groups from crossing paths.
- Employee Health Checks – all employees will be screened for fever and other symptoms before being allowed to come into work. Employees will be required to follow guidelines related to masks, hand washing, cleaning, and social distancing.
Please note that while we take special care and effort to promote a safe environment for our guests and our staff, an inherent risk of being exposed to COVID-19 or other health concerns exists in any place where people may gather. By visiting Fuzzy Logic Escape Room, you voluntarily accept the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other risks that may be present. It is our suggestion that no one attends an event where they may feel uncomfortable, and we strongly ask that if you or anyone in your group is feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms to not participate in our activity. If this affects your reservation, please contact us to discuss details and options.
Here are guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (https://www.cdc.gov/
We are committed to the safety of our customers and our employees above all else. We want everyone who enters Fuzzy Logic’s doors to feel they’re in a safe environment and ready to enjoy time with each other in enjoying our games. If you have further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at FuzzyLogicEscapeRoom@gmail.com or at 331-251-1195.
To all our escapers – we wish you the best during this quest to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. We look forward to hosting you and your group on your next escape room adventure!
In light of the response to COVID-19, we are featuring Online Escape Room Experiences, playable from the comfort of your home! Even with social distancing, you can still have fun working with friends and family to solve the puzzles of an escape room. We will be offering these 7 days a week, with games starting from 10AM to 10PM (US Central Time)!
YES – that means that even if you don’t live nearby, being on the East Coast, on the West Coast, or in another country, you can enjoy our games no matter where you live!
Players will join us via video chat on Zoom and lead their game master as their in-room avatar, who acts as their eyes, ears, feet and hands to solve the game’s challenges and puzzles before time runs out! We have worked on modifying our games to be compatible with the virtual gameplay format, and we are excited to reconnect with our community of escape room players!
For an unlimited number of connections, games can be reserved for $99.99. If you are a small group and will use only 1-2 connections, you can save $30 on your reservation!
Multiple people can join on a single connection, but be careful of “too many cooks in the kitchen” situations! This usually happens as groups grow bigger than 10 people – larger groups can successfully play our games, but you’ll want to stay organized to give everyone a chance to enjoy the puzzles!
To learn more and to reserve your Online Escape Room Experience, please visit our Book a Room page!
Waiver and Rules
Yes, all participants must sign a waiver. Players under the age of 18 must have the waiver signed by an adult at least 18 years of age. A digital form that can be completed online will be sent with every reservation confirmation. Click here to read the waiver
Missing the confirmation email? You can access the digital waiver here and be sure to select the date and time of your game.
We will go over rules before your game experience, but all players are welcome to read them in advance right here!
Preparing for your experience
- Arrive 15 minutes before your game is scheduled to begin to go over rules, use restrooms, and sign any remaining waivers so your game starts on time.
- If you are late to your experience, we will try to be flexible. But if there is a large delay, or if there are reservations after your game, you will have to reschedule for a later time. We will attempt to work with you to come to a reasonable solution.
- All players must have a signed waiver on file with us in order to play. Those under 18 years of age must have a waiver signed by a person at least the age of 18. Players younger 16 must have adult at least the age of 18 present in the room with them.
- Arriving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can be hazardous to our team, your group, and yourself. Please arrive (and stay) sober during your game. We reserve the right to ask anyone acting unsafely to leave or to end a group’s game if there is a risk for injury.
- Please be respectful with your fellow players and with our set pieces, props, and locks. Objects in the rooms that are not to be touched will be clearly marked with a “do not touch” sticker.
- Do not use excessive force in moving objects or in attempting to open locks. If anything is glued or screwed down or otherwise unable to be moved by a slight use of force, it is not meant to be moved. Please do not attempt to pry open containers or stick hands in small holes – Unlock locks before opening containers.
- There will not be any clues, tools, or puzzles above the ceiling or underneath the floors. There also will not be anything inside the lights, behind the air vents, or within electrical sockets. Please do not attempt to dismantle, put objects into, take objects out of, or otherwise tamper with these room fixtures.
- We reserve the right to stop your game if we feel the rules are being violated and/or the game is being played in an unsafe or destructive way.
During your experience
- The door you enter in will always be unlocked – so may leave the room if you need to, and you can come back whenever you are ready! However, your group will be down a person while you are gone and the clock will not stop.
- Outside objects, such as flashlights, lock picks, and cell phones, are not allowed to be used inside the rooms. There will be a box inside the room for any personal items you wish to put in there at the start of your game.
- Any keys or codes would be used for only one lock. But tools and sources and information may be able to be used for more than one puzzle.
- Photography or video in the room during your game is strictly prohibited. Your group will be able to enjoy a team photo after your game is finished.
- At the end of your game, please remember to take all your personal belongings, and make sure you leave behind anything that belongs to the room, such as keys, boxes, tools, and other props.
- We will take photos at the end of the game that will be posted on social media. Please share with your friends and family! Or let us know if you would not like a photo taken.
The most important rule…
Here are our normal hours of operation: If you would like to schedule a game outside our operating hours, please contact us!
- Mon: 1PM – 11PM
- Tue: Closed
- Wed: 1PM – 11PM
- Thu: Closed
- Fri: 1PM – 11PM
- Sat: 10AM – 11PM
- Sun: 10AM – 11PM
Your message is important to us! We’ll get back to you within one business day, if not sooner!
We are excited to be part of your group’s events. Just give us a call or email and we will be happy to discuss any details to help make this special experience a reality!
Due to the prolonged response to COVID-19 and for the safety of our guests, we have temporarily removed our party room rental option, but intend on hosting events inside again in the future as more information and guidelines around gatherings are released.
Our rooms can be enjoyed by people of all ages, but we recommend players be of an age that can be helpful to completing the room’s goal and enjoy the experience. For anyone below 18 years of age, a waiver must be signed by an adult at least the age of 18 prior to the experience.
Any groups with a player who is under 16 years old will also need a participating adult at least 18 years old in the room with them. This adult does not need to be a parent, but does accept responsibility for the actions of the younger members of the group.
At the end of your experience, win or lose, we would love to take your team picture! If you don’t want your picture taken, please let us know, and we’ll be happy to skip this step. If you played with us in person, filled out our waivers digitally, and accepted receiving emails from us, the photo should be emailed to you with a tailored image overlay commemorating the game you played!
Fuzzy Logic is proud to be an ADA Accessible escape room. Should you need a special accommodation for players, please feel free to let us know at least 24 hours in advance of your reservation or as early as possible.
Our sets are constructed in a way that aim to embrace universal design for players of all ages, experience levels, and abilities to enjoy. If requested, we also can provide reasonable accommodations where practicable including:
- Need space for those who use an assistive device to move? For additional mobility assistance, we can attempt to move set pieces that can be adjusted to open up spaces further.
- Have players who are shorter in height? To provide a small boost, we can provide a small stepstool that the group can bring into the room.
- Got who would not like to be on their feet for the whole game? We have a chair or other seating area in the room.
- Concerns regarding anxiety, including claustrophobia? We can leave the door open as a direct means of exit from the space.
- Other accommodations needed? Feel free to let us know!
We do not serve any food or drink, but there are plenty of places nearby to enjoy dining before or after your game! Check out our Local Restaurant Guide for more information!
And if you are looking for someone to deliver food to Fuzzy Logic for your special event with us, many of the places do have catering packages or can be accessed via delivery apps and services! Check out our Local Catering Guide for more information!
Buying Your Tickets
It’s $28 per person for a standard ticket for a one-hour experience at our store. (Minimum price is 3 tickets’ worth, or $84.) Please contact us for any questions you have on special offers, including corporate training, birthday party packages, or off-site events! We may also have special games or offerings going on which we will broadcast on our social media!
For our Online Escape Room Adventures, standard ticket pricing is $99.99 per game for unlimited Zoom connections, and a $30 discount for those joining with just 1-2 connections.
It also doesn’t hurt to ask if there are any active promotions, especially if you are new to our mailing list!
Stay tuned on our social media and our mailing list for special promotions that we may hold for special occasions! We do not currently offer customer type discounts, like military, student, or senior discounts.
You can visit our Book A Room page where you can select your desired game, date, and time for you and your team! We are also happy to take your reservation over the phone or email and enter your information into our system. Payment is required in order for a reservation to be set in advance.
Reservations for games in-store will close two hours prior to the scheduled experience start time.
Reservations for games online will close four hours prior to the scheduled experience start time.
For days where we have special early opening hours, we may require up to 24 hours notice so that we can schedule our team to be able to service your group!
We accept all major credit cards (Visa, MC, Discover, AMEX), Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Samsung Pay. There are no additional fees imposed based on the type of digital payment used.
Due to the prolonged response to COVID-19, we apologize that cash, checks, money orders, or traveler’s checks will not be accepted.
You can visit our Gift Card page where you can purchase a gift card for your friends, your family, or yourself! We are also happy to take your order over the phone or email and take care of setting up the gift card for you.
To redeem a gift card, visit our Gift Card page and click the Redeem Gift Voucher button to start your reservation with your gift card. Or when making a normal reservation through our Book A Room page, be sure to click the Enter code or Promotion button where it says “Have a promotion or voucher code?” near the top of the screen before you complete payment and checkout!
If you have a 16-digit gift card code, it probably is from our old gift card system! It’s ok – they’re still valid! But to redeem those, you will need to email or call us with the code and the details of your reservation that you wish to use it on!
All of our games are private games at Fuzzy Logic. You never be mixed with people who are not a part of your group!
Our team will be happy to engage in a conversation to discuss how best to accommodate, if able. Additional charges may apply. Please contact us and explain what you’d like and we’ll do our best to make things work out!
Our games are staggered throughout the day with scheduled start times that allows our players to enjoy them throughout the day. This helps our team dedicate their attention to servicing active games and thoroughly resetting games and performing sanitation procedures for incoming groups. Changing a game’s start time can throw that balance off, and may require us to preemptively cancel regularly scheduled games before and/or after your requested game time. Email us with your group’s needs, and we will connect you directly with an owner who will be able to discuss options! Additional charges may apply.
Feel free to contact us and we can see what options are available to accommodate your group. Depending on the game requested and the party size, we may recommend the group be divided into smaller teams.
If you still want to keep your group together, please be mindful that the room areas may be a little tighter than ideal and everyone should take best efforts to respect each other’s space and opportunity to play the game. Also be mindful that some rooms cannot accommodate large groups due to fire code. Contact us and explain what you’d like and we’ll let you know most appropriate options for your group!
Feel free to contact us and tell us what happened. We’ll work to get it straightened out for you! Reservations can have changes applied to them without any penalty if notified within 1 hour of making the reservation. And all reservations can be changed without penalty if greater than 48 hour prior to the start date and time of your game.
Your reservation is for a set date, time, and game, and any changes to that can affect other players’ games as well as our team’s scheduling. As such, we reserve the right to charge fees for rescheduling requests and cancellations.
Rescheduling: If you need to reschedule, please reach out to us as soon as you are aware – if a reschedule is made within 48 hours before the game’s scheduled start time, a $10 per person change fee will be applied. After your game is scheduled to start, we will not be able to accommodate a rescheduling if you had not yet reached out to us.
Canceling: Cancellation fees are configured and calculated automatically by Bookeo and are dependent on time until your game.
- For tickets cancelled greater than 48 hours before the game’s scheduled start time, you get a full refund.
- If cancelled within 48 hours, you get a 50% refund.
- No-shows (tickets not cancelled before the game) will not get a refund.
Playing Your Game
We ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled start time. Every member of the team will need to have their waiver completed, and a QR code and URL will be available in our window for those who haven’t finished it. Then, after your game master leads you into the facility and everyone washes their hands, we will go over rules and guidelines to help make your escape room experience go smoothly.
The game itself has a 60-minute time limit. But you should plan to spend about 90 minutes maximum with us. This includes the prep time leading into your hour-long game, as well as time afterwards for team pictures and answering any questions you may have.
Give us a call and let us know. We’ll try and work with you to either start your experience when you get there, or attempt to move you to another experience on the same day.
You will never be locked in the room, and players can leave at any time needed, like an emergency bathroom break. However, the timer will not stop even if players leave the room for a break. You are welcome to return to your game whenever you are ready.
We recommend you wear clothing that you are comfortable moving around in. Consider wearing comfortable footwear, bringing any reading glasses, and refraining from wearing loose jewelry or other loose-hanging articles of clothing or accessories.
During the prolonged response to COVID-19, in accordance with health guidelines, players are required to wear a mask while playing in our games.
Inside each of our games, near the entrance, there will be a box where you can place any personal items that you wish (purses, phones, hats, etc.). But you are not required to empty your pockets or place objects in the box if you do not feel comfortable doing so. The box will remain unlocked throughout your game, so you will always have access to your belongings.
We just politely ask no use of any outside objects, including cell phone use, inside the room at any point during your game. You can step outside your game to use your phone to take a phone call or answer a message, and then return when you are done!
Yes you can – all groups have an unlimited number of clues they can ask for. After a certain amount (usually 3), request clues will add 3 minutes to your final escape time, but we won’t ever take any time away your game, you’ll still have all your regular time to finish your mission. Remember that finishing the room is better than not completing it at all, so ask for clues if you need them!